Aloe vera is a perfect, ecological substance applied on the skin
If you like the rule: „Don’t put anything on your skin you wouldn’t put in your mouth“, then aloe vera is right for you.
It was 4 years ago I came across this plant the first time. It was on Sicily. My good friend (https://www.facebook.com/EasyTrapanicom) who lives there showed me its fantastic moisturizing characteristics. I had a chance to check that after high sunbathing consumption with my dearest friend Marta I travelled with. Rubbing-in of the aloe vera gel directly on the skin and observing how highly sun-dried skin absorbs it eagerly, was a very interesting experience. Not to mention the moisturizing effect I enjoyed every day.
Although aloe vera is widely used in both cosmetic and food formulations, in this post I will focus on skin care treatment only.
Aloe vera is one of the main ingredients used in cosmetic industry, due to its well-known properties:
* it contains huge amount of water (over 99%) so it is a great way to moisturize the skin, improve its elasticity, soften and soothe
* It helps supply oxygen to the cells of the skin, which increases its strength and synthesis of skin tissue and causes increased blood flow in the skin by the extension of the capillaries
* It helps heal wounds
* It works as a painkiller
* It is ideal for burns
* It helps abrasion
* It helps psoriasis and pruritus (contains a substance that relieves or prevents itching)
* It also acts on the bites
* Advancing on sunburnt skin gives you immediate soothing effect (just cut aloe leaf, put it in the refrigerator and massage the skin with chillen leaves)
* It also has an astringent: what causes the contraction of the tissues of the body, typically used to reduce bleeding from minor abrasions
Aloe is a wonderful plant that will amaze you more than once and will help on many occasions. It is considered a blessing for sensitive skin and do not cause allergic reactions, as opposed to cosmetics, which not only that contain a lot of chemicals (preservatives and artificial fragrances) but also almost nothing of aloe vera (maximum few % of the composition). If you want to buy cosmetics (in a plastic container, of course, to which we say ‘NO’!) with tiny content of aloe vera, expect that it would also have parabens which can cause allergy. I suggest you go ahead and just use 100% of aloe vera.
Below are only some of the possible usages:
1. The aloe may be used as basic ingredient for the preparation of a body scrub, with the addition of olive oil, sugar or salt.
2. If your problem is dandruff , pamper the scalp gently rubbing aloe gel on it and leaving it as much as possible before shampooing (most preferably with a natural shampoo I was writing about here). It will help to counteract the formation and combat itching.
3 . Roll out plenty of aloe gel on the skin after a day in the sun, in order to benefit from its refreshing power .
4. Aloe is suitable to be used as a face mask in case of reddened skin. Stendetene gel with your fingers and rinse with warm water when everything has dried to form a thin film. Dab your face gently with a cotton cloth.
5. If when you return home at night you find yourself have chapped hands because of the cold or wind, apply aloe gel generously on the rougher parts of your fingers. For a shock treatment let act aloe on hands throughout the night wearing of cotton gloves .
6. The gel of pure aloe vera can very well replace your usual face cream. You can apply it several times a day, depending on your needs.
7. Try to use the aloe gel as around the eyes. You will be astonished at his tightening effect on wrinkles.
8. Have you finished your body lotion? After showering use the aloe gel, massaging the skin until it is well absorbed. To make scented lotion, just add few drops of your essential oil.
9. The aloe gel is also a very good hair gel. Seeing is believing!
10. Speaking of hair care, stressed hair will benefit from aloe vera applied on them after they have been moistened and allowed to stand for at least half an hour.
11. Apply the aloe gel on insect bites to relieve redness and itching.
12. It 'also the ideal product to be used after shaving or hair removal, to heal any microferite.
13. Apply it with perseverance on the scars to ensure that their appearance gets better and they disappear more rapidly.
14. In case of dark spots on the skin caused by excessive exposure to the sun, do not disdain to make prolonged compresses of aloe gel on the affected areas, so that those imperfections can diminish and eventually disappear.
15. Try to counter the muscle pain by performing massage with gel of aloe vera, which has, among others, the anti-inflammatory and soothing properties.
16. Apply it without hesitation in case of inflamed gums or formation of small weak in the mouth.
17. At the end of the day massage the tired feet with a small amount of aloe gel with few drops of lavender essential oil.
18. If you suffer from headaches, keep on hand a jar of aloe gel mixed with a few drops of peppermint essential oil and apply it in a circular motion on the neck and temples.
19. Aloe vera is often the basis of the composition of natural toothpastes . You can try to create one yourself by mixing the aloe gel with some mint leaves and oregano dried and pulverized, to be used from time to time as an alternative to the other natural toothpaste I was writing about here.
20. A few drops of aloe gel is the ideal solution to apply to the nasty pimples.
21. Aloe vera can be applied on skin after being touched by jellyfish.
So if you ever spend a beach holiday, pick up one leave or two to rub on a sunburn. There is no better gift for your skin. If you don’t travel but still want to take advantage of its excellent properties, I am able to bring to you the leaf directly from Sicily. To this end, I invite you to the personal contact by the Contact tab.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.